Allow me to paraphrase Neil Gaiman

Posted on Sunday, November 29, 2009 by Melanie


Day Twenty-Eight:


50027 / 50000 words. 100% done!

Day Twenty-Eight:


50027 / 95000 words. 53% done!

Fuck me -- I've won Nanowrimo 2009.

Now, of course, this doesn't mean I'm FINISHED, gracious no. It just means that I have 50,000 words in a file. Which is nice and all, don't get me wrong, but there's still about 45,000 more to be added before this book can be declared soup (I'm aiming for 95K as my first draft finishing goal, since I know I'll be adding a fair amount of text during the edits once I finish doing all the necessary research instead of plugging in "XXXXXX -- fill this in later"). Realistically I've reached the part slightly past the halfway point where the poo is about to hit the oscillator, an innocent man has been arrested for the Billings murders, and Poe and Dodgson will have to scramble in order to save a little girl's life.

Nonetheless, I have achieved a new personal best of writing *goes to calculator* 5,693 words in a 24-hour period. Whoo -- I'm surprised my brains aren't leaking out my ears. And now, allow me to do the happy dance and strut, Geekette Style.





If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment